Moving to Norway from Spain
Wisse Moving organizes your move to Norway from Spain. The service is door-to-door: we collect from your home in Spain and deliver to your new home in Norway. We take care of packaging, customs procedures and transport insurance. There are regular groupage options by moving truck, and by sea container. We are members of the IAM (International Association of Movers), which is why we can guarantee the same high level of service both in Spain and in Norway. We prepare a free quote for all our clients.
Free proposal for your move to Norway
Before planning the move, you will need to have a clear and detailed budget to avoid surprises in costs. You can contact Wisse Moving, and we will arrange to make a video call to determine the volume of your move. We will take into account the accesses to the homes, the packaging to be made, possible special packaging and the preferred dates. In the video call you can also indicate your preferences and discuss any doubts or questions you may have. We are here to help!
Packaging of boxes and furniture
In any move it is very important that things arrive in perfect condition at their destination. Therefor Wisse Moving will take care of packaging personal belongings in boxes. On the day of the move, the collection team will bring all the necessary materials, and we will pack everything carefully. We also disassemble furniture if required, and protect it well. If you have particularly fragile or valuable pieces, we can decide to prepare a special packaging or prepare a wooden box.
Moving to Norway by truck or by sea container
There are several ways to carry out your move to Norway from Spain:
- By moving truck as groupage transport. We regularly have options to combine your move with moves from other clients to Norway.
- By sea container or FCL. If you have a large number of boxes and furniture, then the sea container just for your move may be a good option. We pack everything well, and then load it in a sea container. We take care of customs procedures, and at destination we deliver your belongings into your new home.
- Part-load sea container or shared container. For small shipments without furniture or not much, small, furniture we can do the transport per groupage container. We pack and collect at your home, and prepare everything in a “liftvan”. A liftvan is a very resistant multilayer cardboard box, for everything it is perfectly protected. The liftvan is loaded into a shipping container along with other goods. In this case we also deal with customs procedures, and delivery to your new address.
All methods are equally very safe. Choosing to move in one way or another depends on the price. It also depends on date preferences, exact pickup and delivery locations, and availability of equipment and trucks. We will find the best solution for your particular move.
Customs clearance in Norway
Norway is not part of the European Union, so your goods will have to go through customs to import your move into the country. Wisse Moving, along with your customs agents, will handle the paperwork. Please note that this information should only be used as a global guide: it will always be the Norwegian authorities that decide on the import of your move.
- Copy of passport
- Detailed inventory in English, Norwegian or German (Wisse Moving prepares it upon collection)
- Customs form RD 0030E (moving import declaration)
- All shipments can be inspected by customs
- You can import the move free of fees and taxes, provided that the owner has lived outside Norway for more than a year, and also the goods have been in his property for more than a year.
Forbidden / restricted items:
The following items cannot be included in your move and / or cannot be imported into Norway as part of your move:
- Tobacco, cigarettes
- Vitamins, medicines, drugs
- Weapons, ammunition, explosives
- Food, alcohol, perishables
- Plants, animals
- Dangerous or flammable objects
You pay taxes and/or duties over the following items:
- Televisions. Customs will inform the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation (NRK) of the importation of televisions. An annual television license is paid.
- New objects. All items less than 12 months old are subject to fees and taxes.