Moving to the USA from Spain

Moving to the USA from Spain. Moving to New York.
Moving to New York.

Wisse Moving offers a door-to-door solution if you are moving from Spain to the USA. We can collect your move in any part of Spain. We have offices and/or warehouses in Barcelona, Madrid, Valencia, Alicante, Málaga, Palma de Mallorca, Bilbao and Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.

Our services include packaging, disassembling and wrapping of furniture, collection, customs clearance in Spain and in the USA, and delivery to your new home in the USA.

If you have to do a relocation to the USA, then all you have to do is contact us. We will determine your needs and the volume of your goods, and prepare a free, detailed and transparent proposal.

Note that before shipping, you will have to have a valid resident permit or visa (if you’re not a US national). If you have to leave your home in Spain, but you don’t have the visa or residence permit yet, then we can offer you temporal storage in Spain. We would ship the container or liftvan once you have received your visa or permit.

Moving to the USA
Moving to the USA


International Association of Movers

We are a member of the International Association of Movers (IAM). This prestigious organization enables us to provide a door-to-door relocation service from Spain to the USA. If you are moving to Miami, moving to New York, or any other place in the USA, we will be able to provide you a high quality service through our network of agents.

Wisse Moving IconWisse Moving

4.5 64 reviews

  • Ruth Westnidge ★★★★★
    Perfect service. Moved work items and home contents Barcelona to Lanzarote. Professional, calm plus accurate information (this move involves boat transport and customs). Zero drama. Nothing missing, nothing broken and kept to agreed times … More and budget. All of this during the Covid problems, and at the last minute as another 2 companies couldn't handle the move. Thank you René, yes I would absolutely reccomend this company.
  • Paddy Thomas ★★★★★
    In almost thirty years of intercontinental moves along the ex-pat trail with many of the biggest names in the business I have never had better service than Wisse Moving. From the first contact, and initial video call with René to assess … More our move, to the last box unloaded in our new city they were the most professional, friendly and courteous moving company we have ever used. Hurdles that would have had many movers hand the issue over to us were ironed out and always in good nature and patience. I can't say enough good about these guys and without a shadow of doubt we will be using them on our next move. The absolute gold standard.
  • Carmen & Fernando Lucena - Gil ★★★★★
    We used Wisse Moving for an international service with 2 locations to pick up in Spain and deliver to the US. The service and attention was excellent. We had many fragile items, including several glass pieces. The packing was perfect and … More they delivered on time and with no surprises. We highly recommend Wisse Moving.Servicios: Empaquetado y desempaquetado, Mudanzas de larga distancia

Customs Clearance in the USA

In order to import your household goods in the USA, your goods will have to be customs cleared. Our customs agents in the United States will take care of this on your behalf. In order to do the customs clearance in the USA, the following documents would be required:

  • copy of your passport
  • copy of your visa or residence permit (if you don’t have US nationality)
  • detailed packing list (our crew will make a packing list upon collection)
  • copy of the bill of lading, seaway bill or airway bill (we will provide this)
  • Form CF-3299 – declaration for free entry of unaccompanied articles (we will provide the form for you to fill out)
  • Supplemental declaration form (we will provide the form for you to fill out)
  • Power of attorney (we will provide the form for you to fill out)
  • Importers Security Filing (ISF. We will take care of this).

Please bear in mind the following as well:

  • All shipments are subject to examination at the discretion of Customs officials.
  • For duty-free clearance, the household goods must have been used at least 12 months in the foreign household prior to shipment from the origin country.
  • The owner of the goods must hold the proper long-term visa (non-B1 / B2 visitor’s visa) to import household goods duty free.
  • Customs and other government agencies can require a variety of different types of examinations that result in extra costs
  • U.S. Customs may also order intensive exams on any shipments containing food products, medications or liquor. 
  • The owner of the goods is responsible to pay for the exams and any damage incurred during inspections by Customs officials.

Note that this information is merely informative: customs requirements may change anytime, and the final desicion whether your household goods can be imported duty-free depends on US authorities. Once you are ready to move, please check the requirements with us and we’ll inform you.

Restricted / forbidden items:

The following items cannot be imported, or cannot be included in your move:

  • Food, drinks, alcohol, other perishable items
  • Plants, seeds or soil
  • Hazardous goods
  • Game and hunting trophies
  • Gold
  • Merchandise from embargoed countries (a license from the Office of Foreign Assets Control is required)
  • Animals
  • Weapons
  • Medicines
  • Tuna
  • Drugs, Drug paraphernalia
  • Haitian animal hide drums
  • Cuban cigars
  • Blank tapes and CDs from Iran
  • Absinthe
  • Counterfeit items or items inappropriately using a federally registered trademark
  • Products made from dog and cat fur
  • Flavored cigarettes, including cloves

This list is only meant for general information. Please check with us in case of doubts.

Moving to Miami
Moving to Miami

Moving to the USA with motor vehicles

You can only import motor vehicles into the US if these meet the US environmental and emission standards (EPA and DOT standards). If a vehicle does not meet these standards, then cannot be imported, unless it is adapted to US standards. This is VERY costly and complicated, and in 99,99% of all cases it would not be feasable. As a general rule, you can import vehicles previously exported from the USA, or vehicles manifactured in the USA. You can find more information here.