Moving to Israel from Spain
Wisse Moving offers a door-to-door solution for your move to Israel from Spain. We can collect in your residence Barcelona, Madrid, Valencia, Alicante or any other city in Spain. Delivery of your can be made to your new home in Tel Aviv, Jerusalem or any other place in Israel. We take care of packaging, customs clearance and a transport insurance. If needed we also offer storage, both in Spain and in Israel. Wisse Moving is a member of the International Association of Movers (IAM). This enables us to offer the same quality of service in Spain as in Israel.
Free proposal for your move to Israel
In order to start the moving process, the first step is to get a quote. When you contact Wisse Moving, we will make an appointment for a video call. You can show the moving consultant all your furniture and other belongings, and we will make an estimate of the volume of the goods. You can also comment any questions or comments you may have, and we will bear in mind your preferences. Other aspects that will be taken into account are the moving dates, the access situations and the services you require. Our proposal is free of charge, detailed and complete.
Packaging of boxes and furniture
The most important thing about moving is that your belongings arrive in perfect conditions at their destination. Wisse Moving will take care of disassembling your furniture (if required) and of wrapping it in such a way that damages are improbable. Our experienced crews will also bring all the necessary packing materials on the moving day, and all of your belongings will be packed into boxes. We understand that doing an international move involves many different challenges, and that’s why Wisse Moving will do the most to make things easier. All the necessary packing materials will be included in the proposal, so you don’t have to worry about obtaining materials separately. The fact that our crew takes care of the packaging saves you a lot of time.
If you have special objects that are especially valuable or fragile, then we might decide on making a special wrapping. We can also make a wooden crate for some items. The moving consultant will bear all of this in mind when we make the proposal.
Moving to Israel in a sea container or part-load container
There are two ways to carry out your move to Israel from Spain:
- If you have furniture and a number of boxes, then we would use a sea container only for your move. We would pack and load in your residence in Spain, and deliver to your new home in Israel. Even if you don’t have enough goods to fill up a whole container, we would not put another move together with your goods.
- If you only have a limited number of personal items, and no furniture, or only some small pices, then we might do a part-load container or groupage transport. We would pack and collect your goods in Spain, and crate them at our warehouse in a “liftvan”. A liftvan is a multilayer, cardboard crate. Your goods will be perfectly protected in the liftvan. The liftvan will be loaded in a sea container together with other goods. In Israel we will also deliver into your new home.
Both methods for transport are equally safe. The desicion whether to do the move in one way or the other is purely economical. Depending on your goods Wisse Moving can determine which is the best method to carry out your move.
Customs clearance in Israel
In order to import your goods in Israel, they have to be customs cleared. Wisse Moving and our agents will take care of this process. In order to import your move in Israel, the following documentation is required. Note that this should only be used as a rough guide. The final desicion whether you move can be imported free of duties depends on the Israeli authorities.
- Valid passport with entry stamp and spouse’s passport, if applicable (Israeli citizens)
- Bill of lading, seaway bill or airway bill (Wisse Moving will take care of this)
- Packing list (Wisse Moving will prepare the packing list upon collection)
- Proof of residence in Israel
- Residence visa
- Invoices for new items
- Rental contract / lease agreement (1-year minimum)
- Israeli customs forms (MB130 & MB165)
- New immigrant booklet “Teudat Oleh”
- Letter of employment (B-1 visa holders only)
- Bank guarantee / bank deposit (B-1 & A-3 visa holders only) Customs bond if no bank guarantee is provided.
- A-3 status page in passport (religious individuals: ministers, priests, theological students, etc.)
- Israeli identity card (single persons)
- Divorce papers (divorced persons)
- Death certificate (widows / widowers)
- Diplomatic passport (diplomats)
- Tax exemption franchise (diplomats)
- Diplomatic ID card (diplomats)
Also bear in mind:
- You can only import items for personal use
- You can only import a maximum of 3 shipments duty-free
- New immigrants can import household goods and personal items duty-free. In order to do this, the owner of the goods has to present the immigration booklet “Teudat Oleh”.
- Returning Israeli citizens have to have lived more than 2 years abroad in order to qualify for tax exemption. If a returning Israeli citizen has lived less than 2 years abroad, then the shipment will be taxed.
- Returning citizens need to have their passport stamped with “returning Israeli” in order to import their move duty-free. Without a stamp import duties will be charged.
- One one type of each appliance can be improted duty-free (eg 1 tv, 1 computer etc)
- A move for new immigrants must arrive within 3 years of the owner’s arrival
- A move for returning citizen must arrive within 9 months of the owner’s arrival
- New immigrants must surrender their original passport along with a copy of new immigration booklet to Israeli Customs during the clearance process.
- All goods imported by tourists (B-2) are subject to Customs duties.
- Owner of the goods’ or the employer of the owner of the goods will have to raise a bank guarantee in the amount of duties levied by Israeli Customs to clear the shipment without paying taxes. This guarantee will have to be renewed every 12 months and can be revoked only when the goods are exported out of Israel (foreign workers / B-1 visa holders).
- The bank guarantee has to be adjacent to the Israeli Price Index.
- Once the owner of the goods departs from Israel, goods need to be re-exported.
- Owner of the goods cannot sell goods with value in Israel.
- If you are a diplomat please contact us for more information
Prohibit /restricted items
The following items cannot be imported in Israel, and/ or cannot be included in your move:
- Cigarettes and tobacco products
- Appliances (taxes apply)
- Communications equipment, including phones (taxes apply)
- Curtains, drapes and carpets (taxes apply)
- Gas BBQ, grills of any kind
- Weapons, ammunitions, explosives
- Dangerous chemicals, hazardous goods
- Food and other perishable goods
- Electric bicycle, scooters, moped etc
- Seeds, plants, raw wood etc