Wisse Moving offers a door-to-door moving service from Spain to Canada. We can collect your goods in Barcelona, Madrid, Valencia or any other place in Spain. If you’re moving to Toronto, moving to Montreal, moving to Vancouver to any other place in Canada, we will be able to assist you.
Our services typically include packaging of boxes, disassembling and wrapping of furniture, transport insurance and customs clearance in Spain. We will deliver your goods into you new home in Canada, and we can also unpack your belongings if required.
Many of our clients have to temporarily storage their goods. Often they have to leave their house in Spain, but their new home in Canada is not ready yet. Sometimes the visa has not been received yet. In these cases we can collect your belongings in your home in Spain, and take them to one of our storage facilities before shipping. You can normally decide on the collection dates (depending on availability).
Transport options for moving to Canada from Spain
Basically, there are three options for moving to Canada from Spain:
- By sea container, only for your goods. This is a good option if you move personal items (boxes) and furniture.
- A part-load move in a sea container. If you do not have much goods, and only some small furniture, then we could crate your goods into liftvans (cardboard, palletized crates). These crates would be transported in a sea container from Spain to Canada together with other goods.
- Airfreight: This is a good option if you only have some boxes (up to 1 – 2 cubic metres), and if the move has to arrive as soon as possible at its destination.
Depending on the size of the furniture, the volume of your move and the destination, we could decide on one option or another. We would make a personalized proposal before moving and find the best solution based on your specific needs.
- Copy of passport (photo page only)
- Proof of residency abroad for at least 12 months (bank statements, utilities, rent receipts, income tax statement, etc. for first and last month of 12-month period) (returning citizens)
- Detailed inventory / packing list in English or French. Owner of goods should be prepared to provide a valued inventory if requested.
- Receipts for new items
- Personal effects accounting document (form BSF186 formerly known as form B4)
- Bill of lading, seaway bill or airway bill.
- Liquor permit, if applicable
- Immigration papers, if applicable
- Work permit / student visa holders, if applicable
- Copy of will or letter from the executor of an estate (import of inheritance items)
If you are a diplomat or if you have a specific condition, just ask us.
Also bear in mind the following:
- The owner of the goods must be present for customs clearance
- For returning Canadiens, the goods must have been owned since at least 6 month prior to importing. The owner of the goods must have lived more than one year outside of Canada.
- This information should only be used as a rough guide! Customs regulations may change anytime, and it the Canadian customs authorities who decide whether your move can be imported, and if any taxes/duties have to be paid.
Moving to Canada from Spain with alcohol
If you decide to ship wine to Canada, then we would make sure to protect it well. We advise not to ship any wine in the Winter, as the bottles might freeze up and break.